Tuesday 24 September 2019

Lac Hong Open Workshop and HAMK Design Factory

That was really interesting to visit and learn about the model of HAMK Design Factory today. The entrepreneurs, teachers and students work together in the collaborative environment to find out the solution for the authentic problems. The first year students are forced to join the project as a compulsory module in their curricula.

I think it's really interesting because I had the same idea when I built Lac Hong Open Workshop (LHOWS) in my university. It's quite similar when HAMK Design Factory and LHOWS was built to connect companies with students by co-working for innovation.
Comparing with operation of LHOWS, HAMK Design Factory has the professional process to help the first year students how to manage the project step by step from the beginning to the end of project.


The best thing I learn from this module is the teacher believe that the first year student can do and give them the challenge. I should apply this thinking and give my students more opportunities to face the authentic problems and directly work with the customer.



0 comments:

Post a Comment